Quickies

  • A striking account of Rep. Obey's (D-WI) dissent against President Obama's troop escalation in Afghanistan. Striking because I don't recall such allowable dissent during the run up to the invasion of Iraq as what we are seeing now. Sen. Max Cleland anyone? Not to mention the opposition is coming from the president's very own party. This is definitely something that was not allowed during the previous administration. I see it as healthy discourse and I'm glad President Obama is not trying to stifle it. And by the way, I agree totally with Obey.
  • Steve Benen lays the ability of the progressive agenda squarely at the feet of two senators. One is a Democrat and one is a former Democrat that was kicked out of the party by voters. Maybe real Democrats should take notice.
  • Stocks closed on Friday on a two week rise and just shy of a year high.
  • Houston elects a gay mayor. And yes Republicans made issue of what they perceived as her immorality.

The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.

Free HTML