Tea Bagger Leaders Want To Do Away With Social Security

This has got to put tea baggers in a hard spot. No pun intended. It seems leaders of the tea bagger movement want to abolish a very popular government welfare program that many of its Freedom Fighting members gladly partake in, Social Security.

What will they do?

I've always found it rather odd to gladly take from one government program with one hand and hold up a sign decrying Big Government with the other. It takes walking a fine line to be able to pull it off and appear sane. If any group could pull this off and appear as completely rationale it would be people who are protesting a tax rate that hasn't changed one penny.

I'm not saying people can't be against social programs. I'm just saying people who benefit from social programs really shouldn't be complaining about government doing something to help others that are also in need. Their cause would be much more heeded, say, if their Freedom Fighting members weren't receiving many different forms of government benefits. For instance, if a bunch of millionaires who worked very hard to get where they are were marching in the street crying about expanding government to people less fortunate than them, it would make much more sense. I still wouldn't support them but I could at least understand their movement. But people marching to abolish Social Security on their way home from cashing their disability check is deranged.

The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.

Free HTML