Here's my local media coverage of the Tea Bagger protest that claimed hundreds showed up.
It's nice to see they also didn't show the many signs claiming the president is a socialist.
I drove by there during lunch time and I'm not sure I saw more than 80 people. Maybe it was hundreds and I'm just really bad at judging crowd size. One thing I am sure of is I did see plenty of signs calling the President of the United States a socialist. Even in the clip you hear the speaker claim it's not enemies overseas that threaten us but liberals and Democrats at home. Yet the media coverage blatantly calls this protest "patriotism."
A very short time ago, calling your president anything but Leader meant you were anti-American. And calling his party an enemy of the country was blatant treason. Not any more, however. People who drive their cars on roads paid for by tax dollars, gather at a town square totally paid for by tax dollars, to protest a tax rate that hasn't changed one penny and complain about "socialism" are Great Patriots. Wheeeee!!!
When can we start this over?
The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.