Remember the days when filibustering meant you were being obstructionist? Glad to see things have changed. No, honestly I really am.
As it stands this morning, Republicans have agreed to end their 3-day filibuster of allowing debate on financial regulation because of an agreement with Majority Leader Harry Reid to allow votes on Republican amendments. Sounds like a deal to me. If I'm not mistaken, I think there is one more 60-vote threshold those in favor of the legislation must overcome to get the bill to a floor vote that would then only require a simple majority to pass.
Now we can begin the real fun: Getting to hear elected Republicans explain how Democratic legislation is just another take at a socialist power grab. I'm going to spend some time today reading through the legislation and looking at some of the GOP amendments.
The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.