Here's Steele this morning on CNBC:
STEELE: George Bush created a lot of jobs.Not quite big guy. As we all know, George Bush didn't create "a lot of jobs." He in fact created 10 Million New Jobs!!! Remember Sean Hannity has told us numerous times.
HAINES: Beg your pardon?
STEELE: I think there were jobs created in the eight years that George Bush was in office.
HAINES: No I’m sorry, you’re mistaken. [...]
STEELE: I think jobs were created. I’m almost confident about that. And I think the markets reflect that. [...]
HAINES: So, did the Lehman blow up and all, that didn’t happen on Bush’s watch? … You were talking about the markets. The markets tanked. [...]

Sadly, and I mean that honestly because I would love to live in a country where 10 million new jobs had been created. But sadly, in reality, Bush did not create 10 million new jobs or even "a lot of jobs." He created NONE. The worst in history. That's right. Net job creation under George Bush's Republican economic policies was 0.28%. That's less than one for people who aren't good with math.
Now if you watch the video clip, Republican Chairman Steele says America should go back to those policies. His false admission that Bush created "a lot of jobs" was to back up his claim that we need to return to Republican economic policies. In their World, things were terrific 18 months ago. It makes you wonder who let these people out of their rubber rooms to join society.
0 comments :
Post a Comment