My iPad Is Awesome

With a little less than two weeks of using my iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, I have decided it was a good investment. A little on the expensive side for my tastes but I have a feeling that it's going to drop prices on other items like laptops, desktops and eReaders. I think it's great for the market and I'm sure next summer the iPad 2 will be even better.

In all seriousness, the mobility is terrific.  It's great for quick internet searches/references, email, and the iBooks is superb.  I'm currently reading "Over the Cliff" where I jumped through 3 chapters the first day of purchase.  I was able to sync my Microsoft Outlook with ease; complete with contacts and calendar.  My gmail was just as easy.  I can have my day's schedule along with notes, all my email, access to files on my home desktop, work desktop or my laptop and my iPod all on something the size of a piece of paper.  If I have five minutes to read, I can.  If I'm getting restless and need a song real quick, I can jam.  If I'm in a meeting and need to bring up a file, I have total access.

Dislikes

The keyboard is still a pain but getting better.  I'm not sure there is any way it can be improved.  I haven't tried the wireless keyboard accessory yet, however.  Smudges on the display appear quickly and vastly.  Seems like I'm always wiping it off.  AT&T is ticking me off.  They still haven't given me the unlimited 3G yet.  This could be a sticky issue for Apple.  It's also one that will greatly affect if I purchase anything else from Apple again.  I WANT MY UNLIMITED PLAN!!  The accessories are outrageously priced.  A case was $40.  Adapters for this and that are anywhere from $40-$90.  A stupid digital camera connector is $30.  It's outrageous I'm telling ya.  Also, some of the apps aren't all that great.  I thought, wrongly I suppose, most apps were free.  They aren't.

Overwhelmingly I do like it.  I think it's great and this week while traveling I hope to really get a lot use out of it.

*Update:

My iPad just got awesomer!  Got my unlimited 3G data plan!!  Here's the kicker...you can never cancel it.  If you do, the next time you sign up you will no longer be eligible for the unlimited plan.  That sucks in a number of different ways.  Honestly the number one selling point to me was the 3G access that had no long-term contract.  Not being able to cancel because you'll never get the same contract that you originally purchased your iPad for, is no different than long-term contracts.  I digress...

0 comments :

The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.

Free HTML