SOTU Reaction

As I said yesterday, I did not watch the SOTU. What's the point? I've seen Obama give enough speeches to last me a lifetime. Heck I've been with him driving around Southern Illinois as he gave speech after speech all on the same topic. It gets rather boring. And frankly, I'm tired of the rhetoric. It seems all he wants to do is give a speech and then everyone should jump. It's a great way to campaign but not for governance.

I did read the text this morning and thought it wasn't much out of the ordinary of the last 1,000 he's given. I noticed he said very little about DADT and as I saw on GMA this morning he did get a jibe in about the Supreme Court. Yes pee off the Supremes because that's about the only group whose leash he hasn't jerked. Sounds like a great plan to me.

I'll try to get some reactions up this afternoon but as for my analysis it pretty much ends by saying blah, blah, blah.

The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.

Free HTML