Casted my big blue ballot this morning in the Illinois primary. No lines, few people and we here in this state are pretty much screwed. Wrote my name in a couple different times because after 6 years of Blago it's really hard to think Democrats can figure this out at the state level. Just for the record, I voted for Blago in 2002 but not 2006. I was smart enough to realize by '06 that he was a total crook. How in the world someone could make George Ryan look good is beyond me. But he accomplished that.
I'm assuming, and I haven't looked at a single poll or paid much attention, mainly because where I live is closer to Memphis than it is to Springfield, and closer to Jackson, Mississippi than it is to Chicago. In other words, we really don't feel like part of the state. Elections in Kentucky have more impact on us than our own state. Anyway, I'm assuming Quinn takes the governor's primary and Giannoulias wins the U.S. senate nomination. For Republicans, I really have no clue. My guess is Kirk Dillard wins the governor's nod and Mark Kirk the senate. Mark Kirk is rumored to be gay so it should be a fun general election here in Illinois.
I really have no dog in this fight, yet.
The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.