This has to be one of the stupidest debates ever.
Ever since I've been interested in politics, 5th or 6th grade as I recall, we've been debating the role of gays in our society. The debate's been going on longer than that, I know. It's just that I can remember it as far back as then. And surprisingly we haven't progressed the debate at all. We are still trying to figure out if gays deserve the full rights of citizenship or if they are people cursed by God and should be banned from public life. Is this really a 21st century debate?
Let them in the military! Get rid of Don't Ask, Don't Tell and get this debate over with. If a person can pass the physical, mental and medical requirements to volunteer for the military, they should be allowed. Sexual orientation should have nothing to do with it. Perversion is someone who is so concerned about what gays are doing in the first place.
The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.