"Let's change the system and talk about what the possibilities are. I'm telling you that this works," Lowden said. "You know, before we all started having health care, in the olden days, our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor. They would say I'll paint your house."Wow, where to begin on something like that. It's not the olden days. It's 2010. ...You know, I can't do this. I can't even begin to first comprehend such a statement and then try to ridicule it in a way to make it sound any more stupid than it already is. I so want to wrap this around the GOP's neck but I can't even do that. Surely she has not one iota of support from anyone with brain waves on this, much less from a national political party. I can't pretend that this makes sense and is something I need to shoot down to make her Democratic opponent look better. I can't do it. There just comes a time when even I run out of potshots because that something is beyond any recognition of modern human interaction. This is like a bad dream that you can't pull out of and I just can't do it anymore.
*Update:
Sure enough the central Nevada GOP is standing behind Lowden. Claims bartering with your doctor is a great way to rethink how we pay for health care.