Obama Seeks Another Executive Power
The White House is reporting this morning that President Obama will send legislation to Congress asking for special budgetary power that would allow the Executive Office to scrutinize pork spending projects and send his recommendations back if necessary. Yawn...
I personally like the idea of a line-item veto for the president. But that's not what this is. The way I read it is the president would simply be a second set of eyes watching over pork projects. Items he disagrees with he sends back to Congress of which can enforce them with a simple majority vote. So it's not a veto, it's actually giving the Executive an overseer role. I'm not sure what the point of that would be. It's Monday, so this gets another yawn...
The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.
