Obama Relieves McChrystal of Duty

Can't say that I'm all that surprised  His replacement being Gen. Petraeus is a shock, however.

All of this is unfortunate.

*Update:

CNN is reporting sources close to the Obama administration describe the meeting as being brief and that the president had no intention of keeping McChrystal.  Wow.

My guess is the meeting was tense.  I've seen Obama get mad.  And it can be a flurry of cursing and some slight elevation of the voice.  I'm not suggesting the president did any of this today at the meeting.  I'm just saying, he does get mad and he does swear and I bet he was none to happy for the situation his general put him in.

0 comments :

The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.

Free HTML