Personally I like Rick Warren. I think he's a little misinformed and probably more worried about making money than about doing what he perceives to be God's work but can't really fault a guy for that. I think his Brokeback Church is probably not a place I would want to attend and I certainly don't agree with his views on homosexuality and abortion; however, I don't have feelings one way or the other about Obama selecting Warren to give the benediction at his inaugural. I think T.D. Jakes would have been a much better choice even if it would have riled up the racist right wing about too many black people at the inauguration.
Interestingly just a few months ago we were all engulfed with a barrage of media reports about how Obama hates America because of his fiery preacher. Why aren't we getting the same treatment now about how Obama loves America because of his bigoted preacher?
Also, I thought Obama was Muslim. Where's the sheik?
The Fold Blog welcomes all comments as a means of engaging the political debate. Comments from new visitors may take a moment to appear on the site. Some may go through a moderator as well. Please be patient. Click here to read our comment policy.